November 20, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Robi Robinson email@example.com 772-460-0925
Leadership Changes at the We Care Foundation and Indian River County Medical Society
Dr. Dennis Saver, president of the We Care Foundation (WCF), and Dr. Arley Peter, president of the Indian River County Medical Society (IRCMS), regret to announce the retirement of Shelley Stuven after serving as executive director of the IRCMS for eleven years. She was instrumental in attaining non-profit status for the IRCMS Foundation (dba We Care Foundation of Indian River) and served a dual role as executive director of the We Care Foundation for six years.
Charles (Robi) Robinson, Ed.D. will become the new executive director for both non-profit organizations. Ms. Stuven has graciously agreed to help with the leadership transition.
Robinson has a doctorate in education and retired from international teaching and consulting in 2019. He and his wife Sandy have lived on the Treasure Coast for nearly twenty years coming from the Boston area.
Dr. Robinson assumes leadership during challenging times. We Care’s major fundraiser the Mardi Gras Gala had to be cancelled due to the pandemic. However, he is confident that the wonderful volunteers who made up the Mardi Gras Krewe will work with him and the board to find creative ways to support We Care.
Dr. Robinson has asked Christine Scott to be the director of development. Scott has a degree in marketing and is a local business owner with much experience in development.
Charles (Robi) Robinson
1230 South Lakes Way SW
Vero Beach, Florida 32968 USA
Charles (call me Robi) Robinson’s first teaching position was in St. Lucia in the Eastern Caribbean as a Peace Corps Volunteer. From 1967-1980 he taught grades 5-12 in Bridgeport, Connecticut, Okinawa, Japan, Aschaffenburg, Germany, and Commerce, Texas. From 1980 – 2003 he lived in Massachusetts where he was a professor of education at Bridgewater State University and educational consultant to many school systems both in the United States and internationally.
He and his wife Sandy now live in Vero Beach, Florida where they are active supporters of several non-profit agencies.
• BA – King’s College (PA), Major in History, Minors in Education, Philosophy & Theology.
• MS – University of Bridgeport (CT). Reading.
• Ed.D. - Texas A & M, Commerce, Texas. Supervision, Curriculum & Instruction.
• 1967-1969 – United States Peace Corps Volunteer, St. Lucia, West Indies
• 1969-1972 – Grade 6 Teacher, Bridgeport, CT
• 1972-1978 – United States Department of Defense Teacher, Grades 5-8, Naha, Okinawa and Aschaffenburg, Germany.
• 1978-1980 – Doctoral Teaching Assistant, - Texas A & M University, Commerce, Texas.
• 1980-2003 – Professor of Education, Bridgewater (MA) State University
• 1987-2019 – Adjunct Graduate Faculty, International Education, Framingham (MA) State University.
• Homeless Family Center - Director and Board Vice-President - 2010-2016
• Restoration House – Board Member & Board Chair – 2010-2015.
• Community Church of Vero Beach (FL), Missions’ Board Secretary and Member, 2009-2015.
Co-Chair, Hunger Committee, “Barnabas Project” 2009-2011.
Board of Deacons, Secretary - 2015- 2018, Youth Board Chair – 2019-Present.
• Vero-Treasure Coast Kiwanis Club, Past President (2 terms) & Board Member 2008-Present.
• Indian River County Food Pantry, Volunteer & Board Member, 2009-Present.
• Crossover Mission Board Secretary and past Treasurer– 2015-2020
• We Care Foundation – Board member – 2019-2020
Grant Writing/Fund Raising Experience
• Wrote, received and administered over one million dollars of grants between 1990-2003 from the National Science Foundation,
the U.S. Department of Defense and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Wrote and received mini-grant from the Community Church of Vero Beach for the “Growing Healthy Kids” initiative. 2010.
• Ran golf tournaments for Vero Beach Kiwanis to raise funds for Kiwanis scholarships and in support of Hibiscus Center, Childcare Resources,
The Homeless Family Center and “The Buggy Bunch, 2009-2014.
• Ran golf tournament to support the youth program at Community Church of Vero Beach – 2019.
• Led all fund raising for Restoration House, 2010-2015.
• Faculty President, Bridgewater State University (BSU) 1995-2001 – With a part-time secretary did all the services necessary to
administer the contracts for @800 full and part-time faculty members.
• The Center for the Advancement of Research & Teaching at BSU – Co-Director 2000-2003. Administered the college’s faculty development program.
• Founded and administered the Curriculum Leadership Center at BSC – 1998-2003 (no secretary).
• The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Middle Level Educators – Founder and executive director of the state organization for middle level educators. 1998-2003. (no secretary).
640 45th CT SW
Vero Beach, FL 32968
• Bachelor of Science/Marketing- Ramapo College of New Jersey
• 2020-Present – Director of Development, We Care Foundation, Vero Beach, Florida. Responsible for overseeing all marketing and fund raising activities for this non-profit which provides free medical care for adults without health insurance
• 2018-Present – A director of the Kristina Conn Foundation, Vero Beach, Florida. Responsible for raising funds for
this non-profit which supports individuals and their families who are undergoing financial crisis..
• 2018-Present – National Pro Search/Executive Search Firm Partner.
• 2013-Present – Director of Talent Acquisition, Paragon Search and Strategies.
• 2010-2013 – eMindful, Vero Beach, Florida. Sales and marketing representative.
• 2003-2007 – C. H. Robinson Co., New Jersey. Transportation broker – Inside sales.
• 2014-Present – Elected member to several different boards at the Community Church of Vero Beach, Florida
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST